Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The turnaround!

I’ve done some magic... honest. I’ve made my little people BIG ... look...You see this bridge? That’s the one I drive across every weekday on my way to and from work.

I often glance across at the old bridge... the much more interesting one that people fish off. Well, on Sunday df and I decided to explore new parts of our neighbourhood and ended up down on the old bridge... a familiar place seen with new eyes!

There were lots of people out there doing their fishing thing.

Families...
... loners...
... buddies...

... and just look at this lady! She seems to have found a special spot under the bridge. Maybe she knows something nobody else knows.

At the other end of the bridge, away from the fish people ... a biker went on his merry way!


Was it the Kinks who sang, Lazing on a sunny (Sunday) afternoon? That's exactly how it felt.

4 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

You've increased my vocabulary today. I had to look up "peely wally" to find out what it meant. And you're right--my meal was a mite pale. And tonight I just finished off some potato chips that I made and they were rather peely wally too. But tasty!

1:00 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Glad to be of assistance, utenzi ;)

3:24 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Enjoyed that little trip along the old bridge. Much more character than the new one!

4:08 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Yes maggie may ... hopefully they don't pull it down.

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home