Sunday, September 21, 2008

Engagement party

There are some things that I’ve never given much thought to ... so I was taken unawares when a few weeks ago my daughter announced her engagement. I think my reaction was along the lines of, WHAT! What for?

Luckily the daughter forgave me this rather unsupportive reaction and invited me to her engagement party on Saturday.

df was the one with the camera ... I have surreptitiously snaffled a few of his photos.

Here’s my take on his take of the party.

The kitchen was crowded though, rather worryingly perhaps, there wasn’t much action near the stove.

The drinks were ready ...

... and the glasses filled.

Rather miraculously the food appeared...

... and then quickly disappeared.

Sweets were produced... and consumed.

And after a little bit of dodgy looking footwork...

... it was time for some of us to call it a day.

Nice party!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Well, congratulations to the happy couple! And the mother-of-the-bride!

5:09 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Thanks ms mac ... it all somehow makes me feel very grown up ;)

10:26 am  
Blogger thesoninlawtobe! said...

Well, that was bit of a giggle now wasn't it.

9:34 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

welcome the soninlawtobe ... yes, it was great fun!

3:53 pm  
Blogger CAM said...

That last picture is classic. never too young to party till you drop.

Michele sent me.

4:13 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Welcome bubblehead .. yeah ... and as one of my friends mentioned nice shoes too ;)

4:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home