Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chammy clean...

At last! A break in the weather and a little bit of sunshine... I just HAVE to get out there, enjoy the brightness AND clean my car. It’s dirty ... as my daughter pointed out the other day.

Well, it has been raining all the time, was my only defence.

So here goes. I raid the garage and find a bottle of green car wash stuff. That’ll do. The bubbles are quite impressive, don’t you think?

Then, after a good hose down – the chammy. That’s what my mother used to call the piece of chamois leather that she used to dry all the condensation of the windows after yet another freezing Scottish winter! I think her chammy was a real one – made from the skin of a mountain goat or, it being Scotland, maybe a plain old sheep. I don’t know.
My chammy (it’s hanging there on the wing mirror) is a modern synthetic version. It still did a pretty good job of shining up the paintwork.

That’ll do – the forecast is for more rain tomorrow, so in a few days nobody will see the difference.

9 Comments:

Blogger megz_mum said...

Washing cars - one of those many thankless jobs in life! Bit like making beds, it never stays done very long. Enjoy while it is clean

1:05 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

mmm... gleaming

7:47 am  
Blogger Maggie May said...

yes..... there's nothing like a chammy! We called it that too.
Love the colour of your car, especially after it has been washed!

7:01 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I can still see out the windows but it is a bit grubby already, just as you predicted megz_mum.

Thanks rosie ... does look nice.

The chammy is just the thing, especially for the glass, as I'm sure you know maggie may.

10:38 am  
Blogger Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Would you like to come and do my car too?! :)

4:11 am  
Blogger granny p said...

Car clean? What's that? (When it isn't your chammy-shining beauty.)

2:58 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Oh, I'd love to Nikki-ann ... mid-Wales here I come!

Sadly grannyp, it's been raining some more and all my good work has been covered by more nasty, splashy, messy stuff :(

4:16 pm  
Blogger barbie2be said...

we haven't had rain in a long while but you could come and wash my car, i wouldn't mind. :)

5:27 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I'd love to barbie ... miles separate ... miles and miles ... so I'm excused?

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home