Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Orange cones and orange men!

They are everywhere.

I took this picture at the end of the road that I have to take every time I want to leave the house. The turning is being widened to give more space for the large trucks that now trundle up and down from the warehouses at the far end to the airport.


And they have been at it for weeks!

Last Saturday they even managed to cut through a gas mains causing the whole area to be cordoned off for hours ... well it seemed like hours. I was on my way home from the gym and had to wait while the firemen sorted out the problem.

I did get to chat to a few very pleasant firemen in their yellow jackets and gum boots so it wasn’t all bad. Wink!

8 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

now I call those very manly cones...We dont have them that size over here!

5:43 am  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Firemen make everything bearable.

I must say I was very concerned about you when your blog appeared to be possessed!

8:16 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

thanks ms mac .. i have to admit that the word alien did cross my mind ;)

manly cones indeed rosie .. it's probably a reflection of the poor driving skills of some of the locals ... big signs are needes else some of the orange men would be in danger1 I do admit that i had some unkind thoughts too after the gas incident.

11:55 am  
Blogger megz_mum said...

Sounds like repairs all round - roof, computer, road ...

4:10 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Wow! I am sure glad to see you back! That was scary! My son got in touch with Blogger but it took a while to get fixed.

Cones everywhere.......... just like here!

7:10 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Well megz_mum, my mum used to say that things (good or bad) always come in threes so, hopefully, we're over it now ....

thanks maggie may ... it was scary ... it's as ms mac said 'like being possessed' ... not nice at all!

1:41 pm  
Blogger barbie2be said...

we like the firemans. :) when i see them out in my neighborhood i am always chatting them up.

3:43 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi barbie .. firemen just make the day, don't they ....

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home