Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Which way?

I was taking a stroll in the park next to our house when I noticed this couple. It’s close to the airport and my guess was that they had probable recently arrived and were out for a bit of a walk to stretch their legs.

I first noticed them when they were seriously studying what must have been a map. By the time I got the camera out, the gentleman had definitely decided on the route.

It’s that way’, I imagine him say.

The lady is not convinced.

Have you seen all these no entry signs?’ she demands. ‘There’s no way I’m going that way.
Sadly, they turn around and go back the way they have just come.

Welcome to pedestrian unfriendly Auckland!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those signs with the little people with lines through them.

Michele sent me to say hello.

1:40 pm  
Blogger megz_mum said...

There sure are a lot of suggestions not to go that way!

3:44 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi leigh ... i love your description ... little people with lines through them.. hee hee

Hello megz_mum ... like you say plenty of no-go signs ... unfortunately there is no sign that indicates the footpath. There is one but it's not easy to find. That's Auckland signage for you ... useless!!!

12:50 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Well you never know when you might be having a photo taken, do you?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall some times & I love to people watch & to listen to what they are saying. You were out of earshot & had to guess it all! Wonder what they'd think if they knew they were the subject of a post & had their photos on line!
That is funny to think about!

7:07 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Further validation that everyone - pedestrians as well as drivers - could benefit from a GPS unit. I've got GPS on my BlackBerry, and it comes in amazingly handy when I get myself hopelessly lost on my bicycle.

I'd never ride with it "live", of course. But when I lose my bearings, I stop, fire it up and get it to tell me where I am. With the route suddenly clear in my mind, I'm good to continue.

I love how you captured this slice of everyday drama!

7:03 am  
Blogger Andi said...

I hope that they eventually found their way.

4:51 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hello maggie_may ... it is a little naughty, isn't it?

you know carmi ... I'm not a big fan of technology, though I'm sure it works wonders ... all that was needed is a sign with an arrow saying 'footpath' ... methnks.

I rather suspect they gave up and went some place else .. bluest.

12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home