Sunday, May 04, 2008

Three seasons – one day!

While I’m on about weather – there’s a well-known New Zealand truism that states ‘always be prepared to experience four seasons in one day’. Well, I’ve just recorded what looks to me like three seasons in about 10 minutes in my garden.

The little shoots peeping out from under the monstera look decidedly spring like –

The green citrus fruits signal autumn –

The bare peach tree is beginning to look wintry –

And for those of us more used to living in the northern hemisphere, don’t these red berries just ooze Christmas?

... or maybe I’m just having a silly Sunday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hello, Michele sent me to say that I have to agree - you've got some season changes going on in one day! Those limes (am I right?) look wonderful!!!

Loved your photos...

1:26 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello sara .... thanks for liking hello sara,
My photos! I've never been much interested in photography .. but with my blog and things ... I think I'm slowly improving ....

And they're not limes .. we call them ugli fruit .... but I'm not sure that that's correct. All I can tell you is, they taste good ... they grow quite large and have a very thich skin.

2:12 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

at least you have something growing...AND it is edible...I am moving to your neck of the woods. If it rains any more here I am going to sew some rice and start paddling in my paddy

9:35 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

well rosie ... with the worldwide increase in food prices looming ... maybe the rice isn't such a bad idea ;)

10:46 am  
Blogger megz_mum said...

I like your 3 seasons, nicely photographed!

12:42 am  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I like the rain drops on the citrus!

8:33 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi megz_mum ... I just wish i could have found a bit of summer ... but I'm afraid that's probably gone for this year :(

thanks maggie may ... i was rather proud of the raindrops ... even though it was kind of accidental .. ssssh!

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home