Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Season of mist and mellow fruitfulness...

... as Keats so eloquently wrote.

And it’s true ... apart from the choko we had peaches, passionfruit and a fine crop of olives this year from our garden. I’m going to try pickling the olives. It’s my first time so I’ll see how that goes.

It's a result of the long hot summer.... we aren’t the only ones with fruitful abundances ... Matt, a young work colleague who, like me, enjoys talking about food brought me some of his harvest of chillies. Aren’t they pretty?

I think I feel another curry coming on ......

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Corrr! Imagine the spicy goodness you could concoct with those little beauties!

5:49 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hey ms mac ... looks like you've come over all poetic there! I hope its not catching ;)

9:14 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

ever since the wanderer came back from India it's been curry every night. I love it!

12:34 am  
Blogger Pat said...

In Greece they put a sheet under the tree and shake the branches. May save you time. Lucky you to have such a fruitful garden.

2:41 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi rosie ... I'm with you on that ... curries are hard to beat.

Hello pi ... I heard they also use a rake to encourage the olives out of the trees ... I am lucky I know ...

10:36 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

MMMHHHHH........... Curry! Love it!
I can remember learning that poem by Keats when I was at school!
Loved the pictures!

6:45 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello maggie may ... the chillies are so pretty ... aren't they?

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home