Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oh Granny!

Granny tagged me! She wants me to tell you seven of the weirder facts about myself! Oh well, just because granny’s nice and in Spain, I’ll give it a go.

1. When I was a child I had my tonsils removed ... twice!

2. For a long time I believed that cows sit down when it rains so as to keep the grass dry for the fairies.

3. As a teenager I had my mother iron my hair. Picture the scene. I bend over the ironing board, hair spread out. Mother places brown paper over hair.. and irons. Were there really no such things as hair straightening tongs in those days?

4. I can recite from memory, the whole of The Walrus and the Carpenter.

5. I always count the numbers on the registration plates of vehicles. When the numbers add up to 17 ... I feel like something good is going to happen. If I find three ‘17s’ in one day then it’s going to be a WOW day!

6. I like to set my alarm clock to be 5 minutes fast so that I won’t be late.

7. I use tweezers to pluck the hairs from my legs. It takes time but is very satisfying and much better than using a razor.

Our Government in its wisdom, has just shepherded a new anti tagging bill through its first reading in Parliament. Sorry granny but I’m going to pass on passing this tag on.

However, feel free dear readers to have a go at listing your seven weird facts. I found it quite revealing so thanks granny ... and, oh yes, I love rainbows!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you are about as weird as I am...!!!
xx Carina

11:42 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi carina ... long live the weirdos!!

11:51 am  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I've never had my tonsils removed but a doctor once looked in my throat and told me they weren't there any more.

Maybe you got my tonsils.

7:01 pm  
Blogger granny p said...

You did good, Omykiss. And I love rainbows too...

11:58 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hello ms mac ... it's a tonsil conspiracy ... must be some aliens behind it somewhere ;)

Glad you approve granny ...

12:58 am  
Blogger Andi said...

I envy the being able to recite from memory The Walrus and the Carpenter. :-)

4:59 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I have to thank the kids for that bluest ... they had to learn it in school for a play they were doing ... somehow it stuck with me.

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home