Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mural update

Thanks to colleen and bluest butterfly for fuelling my curiosity ... I got the artist’s name. Not too hard since on having a closer look I found a signature, A. S. Robson.

I have tried to find out more about him/her ... but no luck as yet.

Hello Mr/Ms Robson who are you?

There are some beautiful and funny details that I also noticed for the first time ... the olde worlde charm of the horse and cart ..

... and the seagull that has just caught itself a fish is standng on a yellow post that has been cleverly used to give a three-dimensional feel to the mural.

I like this mural even more now. I'm so glad that I got around to photographing it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I searched for the artist and found no results. I wonder if the people in the car workshop know who did this mural.

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it is not considered graffiti since she signed her name and must have had to spend many visible days painting it. I like the close ups.

3:31 am  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I love murals, and this is a great one. I wish we had some where I live, there are definitely a few spots that could do with cheering up.

11:03 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty murals.

3:12 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello all,
I love murals .. there are a few more around the same part of town. I plan to collect them .... slowly!!!

I will try talking to the people in the car workshop. Great suggestion bluest .. thanks.

10:00 pm  
Blogger Andi said...

Does the "FP" on the pole that the bird is sitting on stand for the name of the car workshop?

It will be neat to see the murals...and if they ever get torn down for some reason, you have forever captured something that once was a frequent part of your life.

10:45 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

No .. the workshop is not FP. I still plan to have a chat with the guys there and see if they know anything about the mural.

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home