Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The big clean

There’s no getting away from it! I’ve been feeling guilty about it for weeks.

It’s New Year’s resolution time so I just have to do it … clean up the fish pond. The pond’s a mess and the water is so murky that it’s impossible to tell whether or not the four fish that we had are still in there or not.


And I’m pretty sure that the Buddha has been frowning disapprovingly at me!

So, equipment is at the ready, all I have to do is empty the pond and find the fish.

Hours later ….. OK … including a lunch break ..

and …

Miracle of miracles … the four are still alive and well! Although the colour of the water is quite disturbing!

The pond gets a good scrub.. and there we are … four happy fish … my new year gift to them.

Now where was that fish food?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me to comment, I did so but when I clicked publish the screen just went white, so if you end up with 2 you can delete this one!
I was just saying that I got up with a cleaning bug this morning but was interrupted by my ex coming over to visit with our kids & staying for 6 hours!

1:01 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi becky68 and welcome ... I do feel good about the pond!!! It was all worht it.

1:11 pm  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

aarrgghh we need to do ours, it's huge and needs relining as the liner has a leak about a foot below the top, it'll be a mammoth job, we've been putting it off for five years now... it has to be done in the late summer or early autumn, because we have frogs and newts breeding in there, and I'm determined that we'll get it done this year. Although I was about equally determined last year, and the year before, and the year before that...

10:11 pm  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Dammit! I came over here to say Happy New Year and got all distracted by kittens and ponds! Er... Happy New Year!

10:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kittens? Fish? Fishfood? Kittenfood? Maybe not. Our crab in sea-water tank devoured a whole anenome yesterday: had tentacles sticking out of its not-mouth. Happy New Year.

1:17 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello zinnia and grannyp and happy new year to you both ....

zinnia, go girl go ... you'll feel good later ... promise.

Grannyp ... and I thought you were a nice lady .... funny though ... wish I had thought of that!

3:24 pm  
Blogger Wonelle said...

Hello OMK, Michele sent me.

My family and I were certainly in the cleaning mode from Christmas to New Years too! Gardening, organizing the garage, sock drawer, cd collection, selling furniture, and generally un-cluttering our lives. Damn it feels good to get those things off our chest.

Congratulations on your new babies! So cute!

Wonelle

7:02 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Welcome wonelle ... you've inspired me ... looks like I have to tackle the bathroom today .... oh dear!

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home