Friday, December 07, 2007

Worm’s eye view of washing day

Imagine the scene.
The sun is shining.
I’m working from home so I can’t resist putting a load of washing on.
An hour later it’s coffee break time.
I head outside to hang up the clothes.
For some reason ‘Sing-a-song of sixpence …’ is going through my brain.

df has been mowing the grass and worms are about …. I reach the line (in the song not the clothes line) that goes ‘… when down came a blackbird and pecked off her nose’.

Maybe the blackbird was after a worm’, think I. ‘How would the worm feel seeing the blackbird swoop down?

Lying down on the grass and looking skyward I get a pretty good idea of a worm’s eye view. Here it is minus the blackbird!

Yes, all right! Perhaps I should just have gone to the office!

4 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

It's nice to get a look at what goes on inside of another person's mind. :-)

Michele sent me. :-)

2:58 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I might have got a touch of the sun!

3:04 pm  
Blogger flleenie said...

The worm would pretty much think it was screwed...I would think!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi flleenie ... yes bad for the worm .. but good for the bird I guess .....

10:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home