Monday, November 19, 2007

Cup Countdown ….

10… 9... 8… 7… 6… 5…
4... Americas Cup – lost
3… Cricket World Cup – lost
2… Rugby World Cup – whisper ‘lost in the quarter final, shhhh
1… Netball World Cup – lost in the final
…. ZERO

AND …… New Zealand is now World Cup Loser of the year!!!

The Silver Ferns, our women’s netball team and World Champions till a few days ago, lost the final to Australia!


It was Saturday evening. We were at home and having polished off the chicken curry that I had rustled up, we all settled down to watch the game of netball. Pity about the score! BUT to give credit to our great sportsmanship we all joined in the rendering of Waltzing Matilda that was played in the background as Australia collected the medals! What unkind, cynical person mentioned that the Kiwi’s had to get back at the Aussies somehow? Waltzing Matilda indeed!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hello, Michele sent me to visit you...nice to find a new person to me at Michele's.

I hate to admit it but I'm not a big on sports - I know the names of the teams in my area that we root for - Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins. Ever hear of them???

11:11 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Welcome sara .. I'm not much of a sport watcher either ... didn't the red sox win something clever recently?

11:34 am  
Blogger November Rain said...

michelle sent me...

I was only ever into American Football or watching my son in little league and I always told him it isnt whether you win or loose

11:52 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Welcome November rain ... or maybe not ... it's supposed to be summer here .... the 'win or loose' theory is a good one so long as you win sometimes .... sigh!

12:01 pm  
Blogger Angie said...

I like the photo, but a video of the Waltzing Matilda would be great fun! :)

I'm here visiting from Michele's.

12:48 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi angie ... I'm still struggling with the technology that is a digital camera ... I can only aspire to master the video option in another few hundred years!

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home