Saturday, November 17, 2007

My son’s bed, 2007
















This picture reminds me of Tracey Emin’s My Bed that was short listed in1999 for the Turner Prize. She didn’t win.

I reckon that with this effort my son would have had a much better chance! The original Emin bed was an uninspiring white; my son’s bed, on the other hand, is a riot of colour … or maybe just a riot!

I can almost see the description in the Exhibition’s Catalogue. It reads,

My Son’s Bed is an exciting metaphor for the second law of thermodynamics illustrating that in a closed system (the bed) without external energy fed in from outside (any attempt by son to actually tidy up), 'mixed-upness' (more properly called ‘entropy’) always increases.’

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got one of those too ... a son ... and a bed.

10:32 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I had a suspicion he was not alone! I'm cheered ... thanks.

10:48 am  
Blogger Angie said...

Ha! Great photo. Looks like my bedroom when I lived at home with my parents. My mom eventually just gave up and closed my door.

I have a daughter who kinda lives like that in her room. Like mother like daughter, I guess.

12:53 pm  
Blogger zoe said...

crikey, you should see the pictures i took of my daughter's bedroom a while back. they're on my picture page, anyway ;)

1:39 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

My daughter is very tidy ... but I'm kind of glad it's not just a boy thing ..... thanks angie and zoe.

4:08 pm  
Blogger Jerry in Tampa said...

Reminds of a not-too-distant memory!!! LOL! When my son moved off to college we found friends that had been lost in his room since elementary school!!!
Now he is in the Army ........

Happy Day!

Jerry in Tampa

12:52 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

The army! Oh dear ... he'll have to be neat and tidy now ... maybe not at home though!!!

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home