Monday, May 30, 2005

Cat complaint

We have a cat .. well technically it's not our cat. We are baby-sitting the cat for df's daughter It's been more than 2 years now! The cat isn't too much trouble, she's very sweet tempered BUT she does have long hair that drops out on to the carpet, rubs off on to the chairs and generally makes quite a mess.

If it were up to me she would be banned from coming indoors ... animals definitely don't belong in houses ... Unfortunately, a few years ago, the poor creature had a lung infection that almost killed her. She was operated upon and survived. The result however is that she is vulnerable to cold ... and it's getting cold now so she, at the very least, has to be allowed to sleep indoors. She has her own cat couch but, being a cat, she prefers by far the human couch! Would you believe it? We now have to cover the human couch with a cat rug just to avoid cat hairs all over the cushions!

Worse, to remove cat hair from carpets I've just had to spend a large chunk of my Sunday vacuuming all the rooms in the house. Would it be too cruel to shave the creature and have her wear a coat? Maybe not .... I'm tempted though, yes, I'm tempted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I love my cat but would stop breathing if I inhaled her fur! They shed soooo much! Nice blog:-)

4:06 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Welcome Heather ... why do we bother? Cats! Almost as bad as kids! ;)

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home