Thursday, May 05, 2005

Do you believe in nutrition?

I had to go to the shops on the way home yesterday. I had been listening to Solid Gold - music of the 50's and 60's on the radio and was still humming the old Beatles track, You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello,hello, hello". I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello,hello". Etc ....., when I was accosted in the car park by an earnest looking man waving a lot of leaflets.

"Do you believe in nutrition?" he asked.

"Pardon!" I thought I must have heard him wrong. Maybe he really meant to ask, Do you believe in god? No, he was definitely asking about nutrition.

"Nutrition", I repeat stupidly.

"Yes", says he.

"Well, yes, of course. If I didn't believe in nutrition, I would be dead", say I trying to be funny. This guy doesn't do funny. He is dumbfounded, silent. I come to his rescue.

"Why"?

Silence.

"Are you selling something?" He nods.

Silence.

"What?" I ask. "What are you selling?"

"Supplements", he says.

"I believe in nutrition so I don't use supplements", I say.

"Oh!" says the man.

Not much of a salesman really. I guess I was lucky he didn't turn out to be a Jehovah's Witness or a telesales person trying to make a few extra bucks. They wouldn't have been so easily put off!

5 Comments:

Anonymous caroline morphess said...

Ha, very good. I think he should consider a career change...

12:32 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I do believe you had a close shave with a Herbalife salesman!

Phew! Good job you escaped!

ps. Fusty is such a Scottich word! I used that word growing up all the time.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Pearl said...

lol. it's more pleasant that it wasn't a hard sell. Somehow I could see myself as that salesman and as you.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Herbalife said...

Our network has been looking for a Herbalife business like yours to list in our World Directory & our forum.

Hey, there is no cost and it will only take a few minutes for you to register!

Your Silver Fox Business Building Team helping build your Herbalife business!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If, like me, you care about the wellbeing of your family, then you understand how important it is to stay up-to-date with the latest research in preventative healthcare.

Did you know that you no longer need to gag on pills, mix up powders or swallow horrible juices to stay in tip-top shape.

Discover the latest revolution in nutrition - Gelceuticals - a new category in nutrition.

Gel based nutritional foods and supplements absorb faster, so you can get all the nutrition you need, lose weight and be full of energy, without the pain.

Agel gelceutical are so easy to use, they go anywhere, just Grip, Rip and Sip.

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you'll have the piece of mind that you are doing all you can to keep you and your family in great shape.

To find out more about your wellness choices please visit my website.

http://www.success.agelteamhq.com


Regards,
Bradford

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home