Thursday, May 05, 2005

Do you believe in nutrition?

I had to go to the shops on the way home yesterday. I had been listening to Solid Gold - music of the 50's and 60's on the radio and was still humming the old Beatles track, You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello,hello, hello". I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, hello,hello". Etc ....., when I was accosted in the car park by an earnest looking man waving a lot of leaflets.

"Do you believe in nutrition?" he asked.

"Pardon!" I thought I must have heard him wrong. Maybe he really meant to ask, Do you believe in god? No, he was definitely asking about nutrition.

"Nutrition", I repeat stupidly.

"Yes", says he.

"Well, yes, of course. If I didn't believe in nutrition, I would be dead", say I trying to be funny. This guy doesn't do funny. He is dumbfounded, silent. I come to his rescue.

"Why"?

Silence.

"Are you selling something?" He nods.

Silence.

"What?" I ask. "What are you selling?"

"Supplements", he says.

"I believe in nutrition so I don't use supplements", I say.

"Oh!" says the man.

Not much of a salesman really. I guess I was lucky he didn't turn out to be a Jehovah's Witness or a telesales person trying to make a few extra bucks. They wouldn't have been so easily put off!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, very good. I think he should consider a career change...

12:32 pm  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I do believe you had a close shave with a Herbalife salesman!

Phew! Good job you escaped!

ps. Fusty is such a Scottich word! I used that word growing up all the time.

6:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. it's more pleasant that it wasn't a hard sell. Somehow I could see myself as that salesman and as you.

12:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home