Friday, April 15, 2005

In the pink

Driving home last night I was stuck behind a pink truck that belonged to the Pink Bin Co Est. 1996. Put me in a pink mood. The Bin Company that Stands Out From the Rest! declares the web site. Sure does! Am I the only one who finds men in pink T-shirts a little pinkuliar? It certainly gives a whole new meaning to the term pink-collar worker!

Then there are Pink Batts, New Zealand’s favourite insulation made from glass wool. The web site informs us that much of the glass used to manufacture Pink Batts is recycled using damaged window glass that would otherwise have to be dumped in a landfill. Recycled glass content sits at around 35% for product made in the South Island and 80% for product made in the North Island. Obviously a lot more windows get damaged in the North!

To continue with the pink theme: An item in the New Zealand Herald this morning entitled Frolics in pink … shows pupils and teachers at Kaurilands School frolicking in pink tutus. Don’t worry! We don’t have to run out and hire Micheal Jackson’s lawyers. It’s all for a good cause. They were raising money for the Child Cancer Foundation.

What is it about pink? Pink pyjamas, pink champagne, tickled pink, pink panther, pink flyod, there must be lots more pink around but I have to get back to work ……

8 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

I like this pink post. I myself have a pink blog!

Thanks for visiting, by the way!

7:10 pm  
Blogger granny p said...

Oh God PINK. Try having granddaughters. I am sick of the colour. Thank god eldest now asserts proudly she's grown out of pink is now into purple. So might get up your tutus. But not yet.

PS. What's up with bloody blogger. Put a comment on about sticky yesterday. It isn't there.

9:47 pm  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

There's a singer called Pink too. Can't say I've listened but I thought you should know.

11:13 pm  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Granny - it just does that from time to time. I believe it's to teach us all to be patient. And remind us that the machines really are in charge.

11:13 pm  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Round about twenty years ago, both my daughters had a pink phase. Three years old seemed to be the tidemark. my niece (aged three) is going through it now. Won't wear any other colour, insists she's a princess all the time.

Secretly, I think some of you never grow out of it. Which is not a misogynist observation, before you jump on me - I think it's endearing.

11:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother used to have a pair of pinking scissors, I never did figure out why they were called that. Then there is Thomas Pink the shirtmaker... and why, if we are healthy, are we "in the pink"... Actually I quite like certain pinks.

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say the idea of a pink bin truck with men in pink t-shirts is a little unsettling...I sure hope the Pink Bin Co doesn't make it to the UK!

4:24 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

There were some flowers that my mother used to call Pinks ... I remember them looking like carnations. Same thing maybe?

Welcome all .. it's your lovely comments that keep me in the pink. I don't have a pink T-shirt though!

11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home