Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm back .... and it might be thanks to 'Old Spice'!

Yes ... I suddenly missed recording thoughts, incidents, comments that amused, annoyed, irritated, entertained ... etc., etc. I think the final push that came to shove me over the edge and back to blogdom was our morning discussion around the coffee machine.

It all started because polluting our small library of serious scientific journals was, horror of horrors, a 'Home and Garden' magazine! This obviously led to speculation, maybe started by me, that we might introduce Woman's Weekly, Woman's Day and other magazines that would help keep up with the latest gossip. Mr Jones (he is an innocent soul) mentioned something about Hilton Paris ... leading to much hilarity over his obvious lack of knowledge of worldly matters and seemed to support the need for broadening the education of, at least, some members of our team. The name of Britney Spears was but a fleeting reference before the recent rebirth and re-release of the Spice Girls led to much creative speculation …. Can we still call them girls? They could rename themselves Old Spice … or what about Vintage Spice … sounds a bit geriatric perhaps! Then a change of direction with Dave’s thought provoking 'Do you think they’ve really all managed to run out of money?'

Silence while we contemplate the enormity and implication of this suggestion.

4 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Welcome back! and thanks for the visit and prompt. I remember your blog and I remember when you quit. I am happy to see you have returned, and I hope it is fun enough for you that you'll stay around this time.

12:44 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Yes ... it's great to be back .. there are just so many lovely people out there.

2:36 pm  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Hello, glad you're back, and thanks for letting me know. I'll shift your blog up from my 'gone but not forgotten' blogroll to my 'friends in blogging' one next time I update my sidebar (don't hold your breath, I hate that job so it may take me a while).

7:55 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

It's amazing just to feel that I wasn't forgotten .... thanks zinnia.

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home