Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Who said 'We are not alone"?

It’s just after 11 o’clock this Tuesday morning. I’m sitting at my desk, conscientiously (honestly) working away on the old computer when suddenly I become aware of the strange eerie silence that surrounds me! A shiver runs down my back, the hair on my neck stands on end … I cautiously raise my eyes from the screen and apprehensively look around. No-one!


Where has everyone gone? Don’t tell me all my dreams have come true and finally all my fellow workmates (I love them really) have been abducted by aliens! Maybe not


So what’s up? What am I missing? Is it another one of those meetings that has mysteriously disappeared from my electronic calendar? Am I yet again missing the opportunity to hear one of our higher-ups inform us of ‘the latest update to clause 29 of our mission statement’ and to hear about the importance in implementing the said amendment ’going forward’? No big loss there then ….

Just a minute …. Is that young Mathew I see approaching from the starboard side?
‘Ahoy’, say I. ‘Where has everyone gone?’

‘They’re all in the kitchen eating chocolate cake. It’s Chris’s birthday.’

WHAT!!!!

I suppose the best I can do is to sidle innocently by and pray that there’s still a little piece left for me.

Pray, pray, pray, pray ……….

3 Comments:

Blogger Omykiss said...

yes! I had the cake and ate it too ..... pity about the aliens.

8:59 am  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Imagine how excellent it would have been if the aliens had come and taken everyone away and left you the cake!

7:56 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi ms mac .... I like the way you think! Thanks for dropping by.

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home