Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What IS that?

Whistling a merry tune, I arrived at work to find this on my desk!


A giant cracker! A quick look around tells me that every desk has one. Ok, so I’m not the sole target of some kind of ‘week before Christmas’ joke.

Steve arrives. Oh look, a giant sausage, says he. The label tells us that it is a gift from a ‘higher-up the corporate ladder’ person thanking us for our great work and wishing us a happy festive season. That’s OK then, it’s probably not a dodgy parcel that should be reported to security rather than be meddled with.

Bravely, we tackle the wrapping … taking care not to tear it. I haven’t bought any Christmas-type wrapping paper … so … this red stuff might be useful!
All is finally revealed. It’s a towel!


Call me ungrateful … but it’s a towel! A nice blue beach towel … but a towel! Probably up there with socks and hankies as the most boring present ever! Hmmmmmmm!

8 Comments:

Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hey, at least it's summer there! (I'd love to get a new towel)Better than the nothing for christmas we're getting at my job, and we have to work that day!

You sound like you wanted goodies to eat (cracker, sausage, ...) which may be more appropriate, depending on diet choices...

I like getting small candies and leaving a dish in the breakroom.

10:05 pm  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Not quite as bad as hankies. At least I'd use a towel. But hankies - eeeewwww, no thanks, it's tissues for me!

6:25 am  
Blogger flleenie said...

very cool!

At work, we are haviong a pot luck on Friday

9:15 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

snaggle tooth .. you're absolutely correct ... chocolates ... now that would have been nice!

Hi zinnia - you always manage to look on the bright side ... thanks for that. Yes, hankies would definitely have been worse .. yuck!

flleenie, good luck with the pot luck. I hope you don't get hankies!!

10:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a beach towel to me -- quite handy for the summer, no? Personally, I'd rather get a towel than socks or hankies anyday -- certainly more practical, especially, if like me, you like to lay out in the sun with a good book!

I gave each of my staff little Lindt chocolate Santas this year -- makes me feel like a cheap skate seeing the gift you got!

11:23 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi kimbofo ... no, no .. not at all. I for one would much rather have the chocolates especially lindt ones ... yum!

11:38 am  
Blogger David Edward said...

just plain weird

10:29 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Welcome david and thanks for understanding ...

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home