Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pesky …

She’s a stray who has adopted us. Annoyingly overly friendly animal named by my daughter …. pesky she certainly is.

The weather forecast that followed the previous night’s news had plenty of dark clouds scattered all over my region of the map. But what happens? I wake up to warm bright sunshine! Great! But now I have to rethink my day … Pesky has no such problem.

Why is it that the weather people treat us like dummies with their maps scattered with simplistic pictures of sun, light grey clouds, dark clouds, clouds leaking water droplets.? We all know it is notoriously difficult to make accurate, short term forecasts of the weather in this corner of the world. Knowing that why do we take the forecast seriously? Knowing that why don't the forecasters truthfully tell us that 'for the next x number of days everything is very unsettled and we don't know whether it will rain or shine'?

Pesky’s clearly got it sorted … just go with the flow and if all else fails … snoozzzzzzze!

7 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Thanks for the visit! I see you don't know about turtle pie. It is made with chocolate, nuts and caramel - not turtles. Google it and you can get the recipe. Yummy!

12:15 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi kenju ... I'm much relieved ... thanks for that!

12:17 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

Pesky is cute as can be!!!!

And, I am knitting socks - just had to finish the mittens first! And, the progress on the socks isn't worth blogging about yet!!!! :)

1:03 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi sara, glad you like pesky ... not many people around here do!

A photo of half knitted socks might make interesting viewing.

3:05 pm  
Blogger Penelope Farmer said...

All cats are pesky - that's why we love them (me) or don't (my Beloved), As for weather forecasters ... Atlantic islands are as hard to get right as Pacific ones..l

10:26 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I'm with your Beloved on cats and other pests (some call them pets).

Forecasters are probably good hard-working scientists (smile) ... it's the forecasts that are over-simplified when presented to the general public (us bunch of dummies!). That's what I reckon, ayway.

10:59 am  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

The first stray I took in (for 16 years), Midnite, was the friendliest, most greatful, cuddly animal you could ask for.
Little babies could sit ontop of her, bounce, n pull her ears, n she never bit them once!
Can't blame them for being love-starved!
Good luck, Pesky!

I'm always far more accurate than the news forecast- (Arthitis gives away the rain and cold).
Plus I studied some Earth Science, which helps.

10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home