Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Table/chair combo

This piece of street sculpture has fascinated me for a long time. I pass it regularly on my journey to work.

Look at the table – not only does it have legs – it has hands and feet as well!

Wait a minute! Look at that! It’s something I hadn’t noticed until I stopped to take the photo – not hands and feet but one hand and three feet!

How strange! I wonder what the artist was thinking.

Google tells me that ‘(three feet) - (one hand) = 81.28 centimetres’. Fascinating!

8 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

That is fascinating. I like this piece of artwork. I wonder what the artist's name is. Michele sent me. :-)

6:46 pm  
Blogger gemma said...

Thanks for your visit and kind words. I love your blog and this street art is great...

1:19 am  
Blogger Nikki - Notes of Life said...

They are fascinating items! Especially as the tables has 3 feet and 1 hand :) Thanks for sharing!

8:14 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello all
You have inspired me to try and find out a bit more about this eccentric sculpture. I'll keep you posted.

10:06 am  
Blogger Andi said...

Awesome. I am really curious about the table. The couch would be awesome in a child's room....young adult if it is made of something extremely hard (and I am assuming it is). Michele sent me (it's still up).

:-)

3:18 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello again bluest ... I've discovered that the artist is a local lady called Karen Kennedy. The table and chair are fashioned from hand painted ceramic tiles. The three feet / one hand theme is still a mystery though!

12:17 pm  
Blogger Shephard said...

I love the tiled couch/table! So colorful and fun! I really like quirky finds like that.

Glad Michele sent me today to say hi!
~S

11:20 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hello shephard ... nice word quirky ... thanks for visiting.

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home