Wednesday, March 05, 2008

An "Oh Deer" Mural

I keep noticing this mural which is just a few streets away from the other mural that I love.

This one is disturbing and I’m not sure why. It is probably something to do with the large red deer right in the centre. The deer is a bit scary. Maybe it’s because of the open mouth. There are a few areas of calm but my general impression is one of an unwelcoming place.

Sometimes I try not to notice the painting as I drive pass.

I suppose it does serve some purpose ... the waste bin has some graffiti on it ... but the wall has escaped attention!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I guess with murals, as with writing, some are cheering, some are disturbing, etc etc etc. Personally I like them both!

6:38 pm  
Blogger gemma said...

You have the best blog. I just love your drive by's. All I ever see are gas tanks and bill boards.

4:23 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hmmm yes I see what you mean ... it puts me in mind of a bad male birthday card.

1:03 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

zinnia likes it .... must be something about it then!

hello gemma and thanks ...

Great description chiefbiscuit ... I wish I had thought of it .... makes it less scary somehow. Thanks

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home