Saturday, February 16, 2008

Whatever happened to Pesky’s kittens?

Pesky is our annoying stray. Just before Christmas she had four babies. One died when it was still really small so then there were three; two girls and one boy. The ginger one is the boy. Anyway, he has gone to a good home. His name is Kaz.

We couldn’t find homes for the two girls so I took them to the local SPCA. Hopefully they too will end up happy kitties.

Pesky’s not happy about loosing her babies. She doesn’t know it but she should be very happy. My daughter is going to adopt her and take her home! She is to be spayed first. The SPCA will put her under the knife soon. It’s a cats life all right!

I’ve learned something new from all this kitty drama. Most ginger cats are boys. It’s a sex linked trait. Interesting ... maybe?

7 Comments:

Blogger Bobkat said...

So sweet! I do hope they all find kind and loving homes. It's great that your daughter is taking in Pesky. Sounds like a nice happy ending but I am not certain Pesky will appreciate the trip to the SPCA!

Michele sent me to say hi.

10:35 am  
Blogger Gordon said...

No I don't think Pesky will appreciate after all don't most pets hate the V-E-T...
Oh and speaking of traits, if you ever see anyone with ginger hair they are probably Scottish or have Scottish blood..
Oh speaking of which to a fellow Scot aye, I'd get the comment you were gonna leave :).
Oh and there is nothing nicer than fresh caught rainbow trout grilled with a little butter,a little black pepper and maybe some tarragon.. Hmm tasty.

8:04 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

welcome bob-kat ... pesky will just have to manage ... even if she doesn't know it it's for her own good, isn't it?

Ach aye the noo gordon .. are all the ginger haired Scots males too? I'm not sure about your rainbow trout comment ... but I like it ;)

8:13 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Apparently the different types of cats have certain personalities too ... tabbies are fun-loving, friendly ... I can't remember the rest; except I think calicos are a bit crabby ... Our tabby cat is very fun-loving, a bit of a character.

10:01 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hi chiefbiscuit ... someone told me that all white cats are deaf ... maybe ... maybe not!

5:45 pm  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Most white cats are deaf but not all. We have had a couple of ginger boys. Our boo is a fluffy semi ginger he is more strawberry blonde though lol.

12:10 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

I KNOW ... in science (and wondefully in life) there are always exceptions!!!

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home