Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just mooning ...

It had been the most glorious autumn day ... blue skies, bright sunshine, and chilly wind. On my way home, a little earlier than normal (well, it was Friday), I had to stop at the traffic lights.

That’s when I noticed that the moon seemed to be swinging on the electric wire ....

Maybe the man-in-the-moon had that Friday feeling too ...

... or maybe he was afraid of tumbling down and having to find his way to Norwich, as it says in the nursery rhyme.

Can you imagine anything worse than having to eat that cold pease porridge? What is pease porridge? I've just realised that I have no idea!

5 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me over to say Hi, O mykiss.

Naming yourself after a trout seems unusual but scientists are, on occasion, unusual critters. It was nice to see your moon so early this Saturday morning. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

5:22 pm  
Blogger megz_mum said...

That moon almost looks like he is a tiny note on an incomplete musical staff!

6:04 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

That was a really good shot. Usually when I see something like that I don't have my camera handy!
As for cold peas porridge, maybe it was just cold peas made up into dough! Sounds a bit yuk!

3:25 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

Frank Sinatra had the whole world on a string but I dont think he got hold of the moon...

4:50 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hello utenzi ... Omykiss sounds a whole lot better than Hsapiens, don't you think? Glad you liked the moon ...

megz_mum .. you won't believe this, but I did think about a musical note too ....

maggie_may ... it's interesting about the 'peas' .. when I looked it up I found it spelt 'pease' in some rhymes .. maybe just old fashioned spelling for 'peas' ... peas soup is OK so maybe pease porridge would be OK too!

Roise .. you got that romantic feeling looking at the moon?

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home