Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It’s the official beginning of winter but...

... I don’t believe it! Just look at the amazing colours on some of the trees in the park.
In my book... it’s still autumn!

We had a holiday yesterday for the Queen’s Birthday... and the rugby players were out making the most of the sunshine and the holiday, though why on earth we have a holiday when even the Brits don’t is beyond me.

Don’t get me wrong ... it’s a holiday, gratefully accepted ... but maybe it’s time we found a more Kiwi excuse for a holiday, I reckon so.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie May said...

Whether it is autumn or winter, they are lovely photos!

1:41 am  
Blogger megz_mum said...

Beautiful autumn colours - we do not get that beautiful display in NQ!
Our Queen's Birthday weekend is this weekend - always nice to have a long weekend, but I agree with the question over relevance.

11:32 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Hello maggie may ... the colour is amazing ... but almost gone now ... the trees have lost most of their leaves.

Megz_mum ... believe it or not, I think you guys are following the Brits even more closely than us. If I'm correct then this weekend is the official birthday in UK.

5:08 pm  
Blogger Frankofile said...

Ooh it's good to be in touch with the S hemisphere - love your photos! found you via Rosie's blog - can't wait to read more.

8:13 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

welcome frankofile ... it is good to keep the other half in mind ... so to speak!

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home