Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Big blow; big mess

Oh dear! Look what happened on Friday night. I was sitting by the window having a pleasant conversation when ... BANG, CRASH, BANG! My first thought was ‘Thunder!’

df jumps up and looks out of the window.

“The roof on the deck has just blown off,” he declares.

“What!” say I .... “No!”

Unfortunately, he was right!

Here’s what it looked like the next morning.

Oh well, it's nothing that a step ladder and a few nails won't put right ... oh yes ... and a fair bit of sweat!

9 Comments:

Blogger barbie2be said...

hello dear! it must be kismet that we keep getting to each other via michele! :) sorry to hear your deck roof blew off! that must have made a frightful mess.

11:36 am  
Blogger SQT said...

Oh man. At least it wasn't the roof of the house. That would have really sucked.

11:40 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

hey barbie ... nice you're back again! It WAS a mess alright!

Yes, SQT, we were lucky I guess!

11:54 am  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Whoah! That must have been some wind!

I had a friend once who told me that on a windy night, the pressure built up and up underneath her glass patio table and it simply shattered into a gajillion pieces. At least you're not cleaning that up!

4:17 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

gajillion ... great word ms mac. That's what I like about you ... always look on the bright side!

10:48 am  
Blogger megz_mum said...

Oops! Good luck with the fixing!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

That was quite a gale! Just as well you were not under it when it fell! Phew!

1:35 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

We'll put some more nails in next time megz_mum .. that should sort it!

I know, I did think that it could have been a lot worse, maggie.

11:47 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I hear there have been more high winds up your way ... keep your roof on!

12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home