Friday, July 04, 2008

A couple of clowns

Look at these jolly-looking clowns that I saw on my way to work yesterday morning.
Don’t they look all bouncy and cheerful?

On my way back in the evening, the clowns were looking a bit the worse for wear. Can you blame them? The poor things had to sit up all day, braving the elements. I couldn’t grudge them an early night. Sleep well!

And, yes, I know the photo is out of focus .. it kind of reflects the general somnolence that the scene produced. How’s that for an excuse for having taken a bad photograph?

7 Comments:

Blogger megz_mum said...

I would have to say your second shot is poetically out of focus - obviously intended to be so!:)

11:01 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

i think they have the right idea!

12:24 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

thanks megz_mum ... I like that poetically out of focus .. I'll use it again later ;)

It's always the right time for 40 winks, Kay ...

7:08 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Oh dear they collapsed!
Funny looking thing to see on by the side of a road, though. Could have caused an accident.

7:24 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

maggie, they were actually in someones front yard ... maybe the owners are charging rent!

11:41 am  
Blogger aprilbapryll said...

Ha! I saw the circus once and thought it was an awful lot of pomp for not a lot of real stunts. I was young and it was disappointing.

I did see cirque du soliel a couple times and it was awesome.

here via michele's!

1:42 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Lucky you april... I've always wanted to see the cirque du soliel. It hasn't happened yet .. but I haven't given up the idea either ;)

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home