Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Big bridge; little people

I drive across this bridge every day on my way to work. I love to glance out and look across the water. It’s always different, just like the weather.

Today df was driving ... we were off to visit his son. At last I had an opportunity to take a photograph of the view that cheers me every morning!

You couldn’t drive a bit slowly so that I can get a good snap, could you?

I’ll try but it is a Motorway so I can’t stop now, can I?

True, I have to concede.

So I had to do the best I could ... window down ... camera at the ready ... here’s what I saw.

Looks like the view from a plane ... what a lot of little people doing their thing on the old bridge. That’s the bridge they want to knock down! Oh dear! What will become of all the fishermen, joggers, walkers, scenic view viewers, etc. if that happens?

6 Comments:

Blogger megz_mum said...

It should be part of "reduce, re-use recycle" concept shouldn't it - once it outgrows the original purpose, it should be "re-used". Certainly not pulled down, what a shame!

5:08 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

I hope they keep it, seems like lots of folks use it

7:28 am  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Bridges take all the excitement out of crossing rivers.

10:38 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Well, the jury is still out on this one megz_mum ... some local agitators are agitating to keep it... so hopefully they do keep it rosie.

You're probably right gorilla ... but i do like bridges :)

11:46 am  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Lovely shot that worked out well. I hope they keep the old bridge as it has character & people obviously use it & need it.

6:25 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Lot's of us want to keep it ... so let's hope that common sense prevails maggie may.

12:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home