Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gym giggles

I was in the gym and multitasking by doing my gym thing and watching the news on TV at the same time.

As always, when the sport news comes on all the blokes stop and focus their attention on the screen. An earnest young man was interviewing a rugby player who had just made some kind of major contribution to his team’s victory. Being only marginally interested in rugby, I was not giving the interview my full attention. I did notice one question though.

Interviewer: In the past you’ve had your share of knockers ...

Expectant pause while he waits for the player to denounce everyone who has ever said a bad word against him.

I look up and notice two of the blokes who had been running, rather impressively I might add, on adjacent treadmills are having a good old giggle to themselves.

Ah, so I’m not the only one who noticed the unintended pun ... knockers indeed!

3 Comments:

Blogger megz_mum said...

Always good to get a laugh in unexpected places!

6:25 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

yes, it was a bit of a laugh, that.

1:25 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

The rugby player didn't seem to notice ... he came out with some kind of standard answer and the interview moved along ... heehee!

3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home