Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not the Greek God …

I had to get up a little promptly on Friday morning so I set my alarm clock for 7.05am … just to make sure. I woke up and bleary eyed looked at the clock. It was exactly 7am.

Wow, I thought to myself, my biological clock is working rather well!

That’s when I heard it – the most awful, loud, clunking noise emanating from somewhere very close by! So that’s what woke me!

I staggered to the window and peered out - legs! Hairy legs at eye level!

It was one of those Am I dreaming? Is this real? kind of moments.

I just had to get a better look. So I pulled up the blind and risked another peep. Yes. I was right first time. It was a pair of legs - attached to a large cement truck.

Mystery solved! Our neighbours are building an extension to their house.
That’s all very well … but at 7 in the morning? Is that fair?

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggie May said...

Not at all fair at 7 am!
Good, fat hairy legs though ;-)

8:55 pm  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Not it is not. Although it is very Swiss to be up 'n' at 'em so flamin' early.

12:26 am  
Blogger utenzi said...

Atlas tends to confuse me 'cause he was a Titan not an Olympian. I never really did get straight why the Greeks had two sets of gods like that.

I find it very annoying that construction folk start up with all their associated noise so early in the morning. It can really piss a person off!

2:14 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

That's what I like about you, maggie may. You always look on the bright side!

I don't think they were Swiss, ms mac! Maybe it's just a thing that builders do!

Oh dear utenzi, I didn't realise the whole Greek God thing was so complicated!

9:51 am  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Where are you? Hope all is well.

9:48 am  
Blogger sabreena logan said...

yeah i would die if i got up at 7am and saw hairy legs out my window..... wow :)

5:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home