Thursday, March 24, 2005

BLTs and boats

We are going to have a little break for Easter and to celebrate this momentous occasion a group of us from work toddled off down to the pub for lunch. I had a very nice BLT thank you very much. One of us even brought along a bag of mini chocolate Easter eggs to properly mark the meal. Nice!

Much of the talk was around boats and sailing …. I’m not a water person so all this left me a little out in the cold. I’m beginning to remind myself more and more of my mother! She always refused any kind of travel that involved leaving the ground. This ruled out boats and planes. Trains were OK. She would sing along … Trains and no Boats and no Planes ….. Anyway, one interesting thing I did learn from the boat discussion was that the most common problems that the Coastguards have to deal with are i) people who run out of petrol, ii) people with flat batteries who can’t restart their engines after having gone out on the water, spent a day fishing and listening to the radio … the same radio that was draining their battery ... Boaties, don’t you just love them?

3 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Hi, and thanks for your comment on Real E Fun. Enjoy the Easter break!

3:50 am  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

One of my favourite memories of recent years was a sunny day fishing just off the coast of Cornwall in a small boat full of relatives and beer. It's something about the way the waves go 'slap-slap' against the side, and the seagulls sit on the water checking you out from a safe distance, and the sun's warm but not uncomfortable because there's that gentle breeze from off the Atlantic... I dunno. It seems like nothing can go wrong.

Your post made me think of that. When I get rich I'm going to buy me a boat and a rod of my own, and forget the world exists...

10:43 pm  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Rather you than me mark. I get a kind of sinking feeling when I think of all that water.

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home